Thursday, June 19, 2008

Confessions of a Fabric Junkie

I never wanted to learnto sew when I was growing up. I would see my mom sew all the time but it never caught my interest. I considered using iron on tape sewing.

Oneday I walked into a local fabric store to pick fabric for curtains I was making (with iron on tape) and saw a hiring sign. I applied and got the job. When someone would bring their fabric to my cutting table I would always ask what they were making. It blew my mind what some of these people where making and how much fun they seemed to be having. So I decided to purchase a sewing machine, nothing fancy. The first thing I made were throw pillows. I was hooked. I became a fabric junkie and sewing addict.

I have always loved to create things but when I learned to sew, it took me to another level. I started purchasing fabric I needed, I didn't need, thought I needed, and everything in between.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog....I am on the cafemom digital scrapbooking group with you. I have a sewing machine because I was really into sewing when I was in college. I had clothes designs in my head that did not exist in the stores so I started making my own clothes. I was addicted. I stopped sewing at some point and it has been so many years since I started. I knew if I picked it up again I would be soooo addicted again and then never get my digital scrapbooking done. For now I am just sticking to one addiction. I love the outfits you made for your daughter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails