Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Want This

I want a kiln so bad. I have been looking for a used one but I have not had any luck. I want one so I can work with precious metal clay, learn glass fusing, and a lot of other things.

It is a Paragon SC-2 Silver & Glass Kiln with Bead Door and Window. It can fire precious metal clay (silver, bronze, gold, and copper), decals, china paint, enameling, and glass up to 2000°F. The SC-2 plugs into a 120 volt outlet. So it can be used in a standard household plug. This particular model comes with an optional bead door and viewing window. The viewing window is used with glass fusing. It's necessary to keep an eye on the glass. You must wear protective eye wear when looking into a hot kiln. The bead door is used to anneal beads.
I have been looking at this for over two months. It's a bit expensive (at least for my budget) but I think I am going to break down and get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails